Wanted: The best Queensland women in technology
Women in Technology (WiT) is once again holding its annual awards program, with nominations open from now until 30 June. Since 1997, the technology industry association has supported, developed, recognised and promoted the achievements of Queensland women in ICT and life sciences.
“The WiT awards are about celebrating women - women who are experts in their fields and succeeding in male-dominated technology and life science positions,” stated WiT President Fiona Hayes.
The awards will be presented across nine categories:
- Employer of Choice Award - for the employer demonstrating commitment to providing an outstanding working environment for women.
- Professional Award - for women with more than seven years but less than 15 years of industry experience.
- Infotech Outstanding Achievement Award - for women making a significant contribution to the growth and development of Queensland’s ICT industry who serve as role models for others to aspire to (15 years or more experience).
- Infotech Research Award - for women making a recognised contribution to the field of ICT research and development.
- Rising Star Award - for women with less than 7 years of industry experience in ICT or life sciences.
- Life Sciences Research Award - for women making a recognised contribution to the field of life sciences research and development.
- Life Sciences Outstanding Achievement Award - for women making a significant contribution to the growth and development of Queensland’s life sciences industry who serve as role models for others to aspire to (15 years or more experience).
- PhD Career Start Award - for PhD students working in IT or life sciences.
- Sue Wickenden Entrepreneurial Award - for outstanding women whose vision, leadership and initiative have created their own enterprise.
As the WiT awards celebrate their 18th year, Hayes says the association continues to be “amazed by the quality, professionalism and experience of our nominees”.
“In 2014 WiT received over 300 nominations for nine awards, and this year we are keen to see even more,” she said.
WiT has this year introduced a brand new online nomination process, making it easier than ever to nominate. Winners will be announced at the gala awards dinner on 28 August at the Royal International Convention Centre.
To nominate for the awards, visit http://www.witawards.org.au/.
MTPConnect and LSQ (Life Sciences Queensland Limited) have signed a memorandum of understanding...
The Amgen Foundation, in partnership with the University of Sydney, has launched the Amgen...
German biotech company Solida Biotech has appointed Scientex as a distributor.