Merck named Best Bioprocessing Supplier in Asia
Science and technology company Merck was named the Best Bioprocessing Supplier at the Asia-Pacific Bioprocessing Excellence Awards 2018, held in conjunction with the 5th Annual Biologics Manufacturing Asia and the 2nd Biologistics World Asia 2018 earlier this year.
Introduced in 2017 in association with the 4th Annual Biologics Manufacturing Asia, the Asia-Pacific Bioprocessing Excellence Awards recognise exceptional bioprocessing experts, organisations and technologies that enable biomanufacturing excellence with enhanced speed, reduced cost and high quality using the latest advances in technology and the best manufacturing practices.
The 2018 awards were presented across 64 categories covering different applications and territories. Merck took home the Overall Best Bioprocessing Supplier Award thanks to its key role in driving Asia’s rapid growth in the biologics industry and in meeting the needs of Asia’s biologic manufacturers and companies. The company also won the Best Bioprocessing Supplier Award for Single Use Systems for its supply of single-use systems to the biologics industry.
“Merck prides itself on its bioprocessing excellence and expertise, especially when it comes to our single-use systems,” said Benoit Opsomer, head of Process Solutions Asia Pacific, Life Science at Merck. “We are constantly innovating to improve our products and solutions to meet pressing bioprocessing development needs and challenges. We are honoured to be recognised by the life science community in Asia as the Best Bioprocessing Supplier two years in a row and as the Best Bioprocessing Supplier for Single Use Systems.”
Other significant winners were as follows:
- Bioprocessing Excellence in Singapore — Shire
- Bioprocessing Excellence in China — WuXi Biologics
- Bioprocessing Excellence in India — Syngene
- Bioprocessing Excellence in Korea — Celltrion
- Bioprocessing Excellence in Japan — Chugai Pharmaceuticals
- Bioprocessing Excellence in Taiwan — JHL Biotech
- Bioprocessing Excellence in Asia (BIG Pharma) — Amgen
- Bioprocessing Excellence in SEA — Inno Biologics
- Asia’s Best Contract Manufacturing Organization Award — Eirgenix
- Best Bioprocessing Innovation Award — GE Healthcare
- The Company You Need to Watch Out for in 2018 — Samsung BioLogics
The Royal Society has announced the winners of its 2018–19 medals and awards — 24...
The USA's targeting of so-called 'foreign free-riding' in trade deals could lead to a...
The prestigious NHMRC Research Excellence Awards recognise recent outstanding performance in the...