Safety awareness for laboratory practitioners
This one day workshop is designed to provide basic coverage of all important aspects of the safety function in laboratories. It deals with the general aspects of safety common to all kinds of laboratories using the AS 2243 Safety in Laboratories. This course stresses the importance of preventive measures and sets out the organisation of safety techniques, emergency procedures and first aid.
- Explain the need for due diligence relating to laboratory practice and the responsibility of all parties under Duty of Care.
- Overview of legislation, including OHS Act 2000.
- Risk assessment and ranking including an explanation of the process and a practical exercise.
- Learn why it is vital to manage safety.
- Learn how to conduct a hypothetical safety audit.
- Understand the fundamental tools for safe laboratory operations.
Who Should Attend?
Designed for laboratory supervisors, technical and professional staff, and personnel who work with chemicals.
The cost of this workshop is $490 (GST Inclusive).
Brisbane - 16th August
Sydney - 17th August
Melbourne - 18th August
To register please download the registration form and fax to 1300 727 888. Alternatively contact us at the details below.
Bio-Rad Laboratories has launched the ddPCR KRAS Screening Multiplex Kit, the latest...
Rivzman Solutions presents a tool for the calibration of what is claimed to be the world's...
UltraFlux RT is a clear polyolefin film suitable for real-time PCR.