Real-time PCR Reagents for so-called superbugs: Candida auris Detection
Candida auris is a form of yeast that can be fatal to fragile hospital and nursing home patients. Candida auris usually does not harm healthy people, but some are so-called super bacteria that are resistant to all three types of antibiotics for fungal infections treatment.
The Candida auris Detection Real-time PCR Reagents is a real-time PCR assay (RUO) for qualitative detection of Candida auris (C. auris) from extracted nucleic acid samples collected from human skin swabs, environmental surface swabs, or laboratory cultures.
The reagents utilize sequence-specific primer and Taqman™ probe to amplify the ribosomal RNA (rRNA) gene and the partial genetic region of the internal transcribed spacer (ITS) 1 & 2 of the fungus for C. auris identification. A primer/probe set to detect the internal control (must be spiked-in to samples prior to extraction) is included for extraction and PCR process monitoring. For human samples, an additional primer/probe set to detect endogenous human gene (RNase P) is included for human sample quality check. The reagents also use a dUTP/UNG carryover prevention system to avoid contamination of PCR products.
- Identify C. auris with as little as 30 copies per PCR reaction in <2 hours
- Endogenous human gene detection for human sample quality check
- Internal control detection for process monitoring from sample extraction to PCR
- Single reaction volume for both 96- and 384-PCR platforms
- Flexible extracted DNA input volume up to 10 µL per well
- Scalable reaction numbers from 1 to up to 192 per kit
Real-time qPCR Instrument Compatibility
The detection probe for C. auris is labeled with FAM, internal control with HEX, and endogenous human gene with Cy5. Any Real-time qPCR Instruments with FAM™, VIC®/HEX™ and CY5™ channels can be used with this assay. These include, but are not limited to:
- Revvity Eonis Q (2044-0020 for 96, and 2045-0020 for 384)
- Analytik Jena® Tower3/qTower3 / 3G 96 or 384 Real-Time PCR System
- Applied Biosystems™ QuantStudio™ 3, 5, 6, 7, or Dx Real-Time PCR System
- Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast or Fast Dx Real-Time PCR System
- Bio-Rad® CFX96™ or CFX384™ Touch Real-Time PCR Detection System
LoD Confirmation for C. auris Real Time Detection Reagents Workflow
Meaning Behind “Revvity”
Revvity provides health science solutions, technologies, expertise, and services that deliver complete workflows from discovery to development, and diagnosis to cure. Revvity was previously affiliated with PerkinElmer, Inc*.
Revolutionizing human health at an accelerated [rev] speed Embracing impossible to improve lives [vita]
If you want to know more about “Revvity” please visit our website: www.revvity.com
For more information about NGS Workflow, you can scan the QR code below.
Most T-cell therapies fail in in vivo models and in clinical studies and therefore there is a...
Revvity's complete NGS and other genomics workflows solutions improve the efficiency of your...
Cytiva's support scientists answer the five most common questions they get about protein...