Networking event for young biotech
A new group within industry association AusBiotech is about to host its first networking event.
The BRIGHT committee of AusBiotech's NSW branch, established to encourage younger people in the biotech industry, has booked Sydney's Garvan Institute for a careers evening on March 21.
"When the NSW committee was formed last November, we decided we needed to push young people in biotech," explained BRIGHT's Christian Toouli.
"It can be hard to meet the top people and get involved."
The careers evening features five talks from speakers with expertise in specific aspects of the biotech sector:
- Shanny Dyer, chair of AusBiotech NSW
- David Irving, former head of business development at Biotech Australia, now GroPep
- Jacinta Flattery-O'Brien, associate at law firm Baldwin Shelston Waters
- Kelvin Hopper, principal of biotech consultancy Aoris Nova
- Jeremy Wurm, managing director of recruitment specialist Brooker Consulting
He said a follow-up evening later this year would include speakers from other areas, such as bioinformatics.
The careers evening begins at 6pm at the Garvan Institute, 384 Victoria St, Darlinghurst. For more information, or to RSVP, call AusBiotech on (03) 9208 4200
Remdesivir has been described as the most promising treatment option so far to reduce...
Two impairments of old age — frailty and immunity decline — can be halted and even...
A non-invasive technology platform utilises low-frequency ultrasound (250 kHz) to detonate...